Cabin Poptop Cover?

May 21, 2017
Allmand 31 31 Lake Superior
Not sure if this is OK to post, but here goes.
1. Anyone have a poptop cover that they want to sell?
2. Anyone know where to get one (I checked Ebay and CL, no luck).
3. Any thoughts on how often you have used your poptop cover.

Thanks in advance. I am working on getting my 22 ready for a few nights in the Apostles.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Keep your eye on eBay, they pop up there quite often. I get email alerts for anything "Catalina 22" that gets listed and I see them a lot.

We use ours almost every night we spend aboard. The only exceptions are if it's uncomfortably hot, or if we plan to get up early and haul ass first thing in the AM. They are worth every penny.

Feb 11, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake Jacomo
There's three of them on ebay right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAILBOAT-PO...ash=item2387c035ac:g:CLUAAOSwHLNZUWp4&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-LOT-CATAL...ash=item569c9b30c3:g:E4MAAOSwjKFZUjSl&vxp=mtr

if you buy a used one, be sure to find out what model it came from so you can be sure it will fit yours. Also, be aware that it's highly likely you'll need snap extenders since they were notorious for shrinking over time. If you don't find a used one that's to your liking, Catalina Direct does sell new ones for all models.

May 21, 2017
Allmand 31 31 Lake Superior
I did see those covers on Ebay, my boat is a 1987, does anyone know if a cover from a 1978 would fit a 1987? Thanks.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Apparently they are. CD sells one cover for pre-'85, and another for '85-'94, the "new design" years. Makes sense, since the cabin extends further forward in the new design boats.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Yeah the earlier boats have different covers. We tried my 1987 cover on a friend's 1980 model.

Thos ebay ads bring up a question.
My cover has windows only.
Has anyone actually seen one with screens in person ?
Does it have removable window panels that cover the screens in wet weather ?
Hard to tell from the photos of the screened one on ebay

If I was buying a new one, I'd want it with screens and windows.

dzl

Jun 23, 2016
Catalina 22 Trailer
Ive never seen one with screens, but I plan to make one. I usually don't plan a trip with foul weather in the forecast but if I do get caught out I'll just drop the top...

I want to make one out of ripstop nylon so it folds up small so it's not a bulky thing to store. Plus I have a bunch of it already...