CA Delta boat owners..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2012
Catalina C22 Georgetown
I just got word from wife that we may be moving to Reno at the end of the year for a job offer she just received. I love our little C22 but will definitely be looking to something larger in the future. I like the idea the of the trailer sailor, but the amenities and comfort of a larger boat. My question is how far up the delta can one travel? Is Sacramento it? IIRC, its about 2.5 hours from Reno to Sac and was curious if there was anywhere closer to Reno to store a boat on the delta.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Stockton's a better bet although a bit further than Sacramento. While the Sac has fine sailing further south, it's very narrow up near Sacramento. There's much better sailing on the San Juaquin River.

Sep 9, 2011
Catalina 320 Alameda
We allways found that we liked the Bay better than we liked the delta and rivers. There are several boats in our marina that are owned by folks that live in the Reno area. They drive down for the weekend and don't find it too far.

However, if you plan on having a trailerable boat, that gives you the flexibility of moving around and enjoying it all. If the boat is easy to launch, like your 22, Tahoe is even closer and much cooler than the Delta in the summer.

Stu is right about the sailing being better over toward Stockton. You might even find the Sailing club there to your liking.

Good luck and keep sailing.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.