C310 Raymarine Auto Helm Computer Location

May 9, 2013
Catalina 310 Oyster Bay, NY
Would someone please tell me where the auto helm main controller is located on a Catalina 310. I have located the rudder control behind the access door in the quarter berth and the display, but the main controller has me stumped.
Trying to get all of my electronics to talk to each other and I need to connect nmea 0183 on the computer terminal strip.
Thanks for any info you can offer.
Alan Schaub, Concerto in Sea

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Would someone please tell me where the auto helm main controller is located on a Catalina 310. I have located the rudder control behind the access door in the quarter berth and the display, but the main controller has me stumped.
Trying to get all of my electronics to talk to each other and I need to connect nmea 0183 on the computer terminal strip.
Thanks for any info you can offer.
Alan Schaub, Concerto in Sea
It could be anywhere. Catalina didn't install them. The dealer or previous owner did. Follow the cabling... I mounted mine on the bulkhead between the aft berth and stern compartment.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Marchem is absolutely correct and in addition you may not have a computer depending on the year and model of your AP. The ST 6000 that was installed on my "02 boat has only the control head, fluxgate and wheel drive, not even the optional rudder sensor. These earlier AP's do have a NMEA 0183 in and out on back of the control head, if my memory is correct. What year and model auto pilot and you can look up the manuals in the "legacy" section of Raymarines website.

May 9, 2013
Catalina 310 Oyster Bay, NY
Thanks for the input. I traced the wire from the flux gate compass in the bilge, under the galley, under the stove and found it in of all (unlikely) places, right between the engine raw water seacock and the fuel/water separator. Oh joy, a delicate electronic device nestled between a sea water valve and a jar of diesel fuel. I guess its been there safely since 2002, so I don't think I'll share this info with the "Commadorable". Why worry her?!?
Concerto in Sea #189 out