C 25 Anchor locker project

Oct 11, 2017
Catalina C-25 Hendersonville
Hi everyone,

I hope this account of my anchor locker/ drain project helps somebody out. I love how it turned out and I hope you do too. Lots of pics and an interesting video just click:

www.martinjlaight.com/blog

Blesssings, all.

Jul 9, 2018
Catalina 25 Lake Monroe
Terrific job on your project! I just bought a 1983 Catalina 25 and something like this is on my to-do list. Mine looks like there was some fiberglass work done in it at some point, so I don't know if there were modifications but I can't imagine they would factory-design a an anchor locker that could hold water but not put in any kind of drain or scupper for it. Even if the hatch seal held, you're still putting tons of wet rode in it.

I have a few questions:

1. Now that you've had it for a few months, do you find any issues with the through hulls being placed in that location? The two things that would worry me are: (1) Would water/waves potentially splash up through them and flood the anchor locker? and (2) Does the run off from the rusty anchor and dirty rode leave an unsightly trail down the front of the hull?
  2. Inside the locker, do the sides of the "basin" go all the way up to the roof desk? Mine have a gap at the top which seems weird. I can't imagine it was originally designed that way. Basically, it would fill up then flow over the edges into the v-birth. A pic is attached showing the edges inside the lip of the anchor locker.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
...Inside the locker, do the sides of the "basic" go all the way up to the roof desk? Mine have a gap at the top which seems weird. I can't imagine it was originally designed that way. Basically, it would fill up then flow over the edges into the v-birth. A pic is attached showing the edges inside the lip of the anchor locker.
Not an unusual problem. Even with lockers that have a drain down low, put another one at least several inches higher where you can easily see it to make sure it is not blocked- in case the lower gets clogged.