Broken goosneck ring

May 24, 2004
- - Philadelphia
I need to replace the broken ring on my mast that my boom connects to on my Hunter 31, 1984
Somat Boom71614
Somat Mast 66493

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Okay, you need to replace your ring. Was there a question there? ;^)))

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Where? Is that what you mean? ;^))))
I believe Somat was a French company. You won't likely find them anymore.
However, I think that Isomat makes them. Rig Rite sells these:

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Isomat_Spars/Isomat_Booms/NB26_boom.php

NB-26 Boom Components
Although no other components have changed, the NB-26 Boom has been produced with two (2) Different Gooseneck Arrangements. Both Goosenecks are pictured below, go to their respective pages for parts associated with them.
Note that some Booms have been produced with the Isomat AutoReef (single line) Reefing System, using specially modified Boom End castings. For details, See: Isomat AutoReef System.

NB-26 New-Style Goosenecks look like this:
New-Style NB-26 Gooseneck Assemblies and Parts

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Isomat_Spars/Isomat_Booms/NB26_gsnk_assem.php

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Let me know if Rig Rite takes care of you.

How did your ring get undone?

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Steve, is the attachment for boom at gooseneck the 2 black plastic spheres with 2 semi circle tension type rings/clips? If so I may have these from my former boom attachment. I had to redo my boom gooseneck attachment point to something else when I replaces my mast and can’t recall if I kept these. Let me know and I will check boat spares and can send to you. Jerry

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Steve, is the attachment for boom at gooseneck the 2 black plastic spheres with 2 semi circle tension type rings/clips? If so I may have these from my former boom attachment. I

Rig-Rite says there are two styles of this. The one that I copied above is the "new one" which has a ring. There is one with a semicircular clamp. If you look at the link I posted you'll see what I have tried to describe above.

http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Isomat_Spars/Isomat_Booms/NB26_boom.php

There is "link" on the Rig-Rite site to the parts that make-up each of these goose neck assemblies.

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Is this what you need? Taken from the rig rite site.
NB1 Gooseneck Ball & Clip Kit: NB1-5K:

Gooseneck Ball and Clip Kit includes 2 each of both components listed below, NB1-5 and NB1-6. Kit has everything necessary to connect Gooseneck Casting to Mast Bracket casting (NG1-11X).

NB1 Plastic Ball Half: NB1-5:
Plastic Ball Halves (2 required) are held together by (2) SS Spring Clips, and function as gooseneck swivel.

NB1 SS Gooseneck Spring Clip: NB1-6:
SS Spring Clips (2 required) are used to hold plastic ball halves together in Old-Style gooseneck.