bottom stripper/ remover

Apr 26, 2013
Oday 23 Harvey's Lake
Hi,
I have a 23 foot O'Day that needs the bottom paint redone. I'm not sure what kind of paint is on it now but I'd like to use a paint remover/stripper. I keep finding bottom paint removers don't have good reviews. Does anyone have a stripper they can recommend to me? I'll be putting it in freshwater. Thanks

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Our former commodore swears by "Back to Nature, Tough2 Strip." Problem is, the company has been sold and it might be difficult to find the product.

He said:

Researching striping agents I came across this product, "Back to Nature, Tough2 Strip" The per gallon price was higher then others but the claim was it did not need to be neutralized after application. Some of the other products with lower costs needed a purchase of washing agents. The two together were very close in price per gallon.

What I have found is this product has the neutral pH feature, nice. A second feature is application - pH neutral means easy application, even by bare hand!! The product is like jelly, you apply a thick layer, in 4 hours it turns white, use a triangle scrapper - four to five layers - off! After application wash off your hands or brush and roller with water - gone. It does a great job on the water line vinyl tape - peels off, no need to use a heat gun of scrapper. After scrapping, the layers you can power wash the surface to remove any left over product or paint.

Apr 26, 2013
Oday 23 Harvey's Lake
That stuff sounds great. I don't know If I can find it now though. Thanks!

Apr 26, 2013
Oday 23 Harvey's Lake
Thanks for the help everyone! I have seen a lot of these strippers online in my searches. I also found negative reviews on almost every product as well which wards me away from buying. I guess I'll just have to anti-up the money and try one out. Thanks so much for your help.