Boat names - what are yours, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2004
Macgregor 21 Clinton, NJ
My current boat is 'Wind is Free' which is a poke at my friends with powerboats - especially the ones with complaints about the cost of marina gas.. Before that I had an O'day style 17. a good friend of mine saw it just after I picked it up and his first response to seeing the boat was well, it's "about time" you got a real boat! hence my 17-footer's name.. Before that I had a snark. Beat up, sail patched with bedsheet, old and tired looking.... we called it 'Snarkasaurous' in deference to it's age...:D

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
Some cool boat names. Just please God; whatever you do, don't name another boat Serenity or Miracle..

Jun 5, 2004
HUNTER 450 Rockhall MD
Name

Some cool boat names. Just please God; whatever you do, don't name another boat Serenity or Miracle..
Rich-Wanda-er. 31and35
RichWandaOr. 376 after having a Connor added to family
R Wanda or. 450 saved me money on the lettering. But the truth was Wife loved the old boat so much we could not name the new one the same. She loves the new boat now

Jul 27, 2010
Catalina 30 MKII Morgan City, LA
I named my boat Wind Rockit. It's a Catalina 22 mkII so it isn't fast enough to be called Wind Rocket:)

Dec 26, 2012
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Ventura,Ca.
When I told my kids I was buying a new sailboat,my daughter said she had the perfect name for it Were calling her"Melody Ann" that was my wife's name,she passed away last August from cancer,I thought it was the prefect name befitting the Oceanis 41,there both beautiful....

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Finisterre.. Fini "the end" and terre "land". The end of land. I've not seen another boat named this although there were a couple of famous ones previously. There is a town in Spain named as such. Back when the world used to be flat, it was the last point of land.

Apr 23, 2012
Hunter 430 Kemah
We named our's "LaTasca" means "local gathering place" in Spanish. Tasca is the name of my wife and has been passed down to her thru 2 generations of the same name.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 222 El Dorado Co CA
KnotSkilled

I bought the boat, not having sailing skills nor able to tie knots...6 years on and I can tie knots and no one killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.