Boat Name Decals

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
Hi All!
I am getting ready to order a boat decal(s). I was wondering if you put the boat name and hailing port on both sides of your boat or just the back. Any suggestions are always welcomed!

Kevin

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Depends if your CG Documented or State only

State only I believe is fair game for what you want as long as your registration numbers and tax stickers displayed correctly

If your a CG documented vessel there are very specific size contrast and font requirements. Better to look the up

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Hi All!
I am getting ready to order a boat decal(s). I was wondering if you put the boat name and hailing port on both sides of your boat or just the back. Any suggestions are always welcomed!

Kevin
I prefer the look of having them on transom only, but YMMV. Most towns (even my small town) have a graphics shop that can make you some really nice vinyl letters on a backing for easy transfer to your hull. very in-expensive, long lasting, and professional looking. As I recall, mine was ~ $15.00 - $20.00 . ck your yellow pages.

P1030355.jpg

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Depends if your CG Documented or State only

State only I believe is fair game for what you want as long as your registration numbers and tax stickers displayed correctly

If your a CG documented vessel there are very specific size contrast and font requirements. Better to look the up
HMMMmmmmmmm..... a C-22 that's documented? Guess you forgot this is a C-22 forum

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
National documentation aside :what: this is an aesthetic question, not a legal one. As I remember, C 22's have traditional sterns with no cutout. In that case, I would put it somewhere nice on the stern that is easily visible when floating. Many boats began putting them on the side of the stern with the advent of the walk-through / swim platform transom. There is just no room on the stern to put any sized lettering. Make it look pretty -- you want the girlfriend to look nice when you take her out!

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
National documentation aside :what: this is an aesthetic question, not a legal one. As I remember, C 22's have traditional sterns with no cutout. In that case, I would put it somewhere nice on the stern that is easily visible when floating. Many boats began putting them on the side of the stern with the advent of the walk-through / swim platform transom. There is just no room on the stern to put any sized lettering. Make it look pretty -- you want the girlfriend to look nice when you take her out!
Good a

Jul 25, 2016
Catalina 22 Sacramento
That was supposed to be "Good advice"!

Thanks, all. I have a pretty good idea about how to proceed.