Blue Sea 7610 SI wire color

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I know this is a little excessive, but what color should the wire on the SI tab of the BLue Sea 7610 be? If I’m reading the table correctly yellow with a red stripe maybe. Can I use yellow and put some red tape stripes at the ends? Also, should the fuse be at the “hot”end, or at the 7610?

Any issue with getting the signal at the starter, rather than the ignition switch? Certainly a much shorter wire run in my case.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
The fuse should be closest to the battery, fuse the end that is at the solenoid.

The SI wire can be connected at the solenoid, see the installation instructions.

While the wire is attached to the starting circuit, it is not really part of the starting circuit, just a wire to tell the ACR to disconnect the batteries. When I installed my ACR last summer, I think used white wire because I had lots of that. If you use an inline ATC fuse holder a label could be applied that indicated the wire's purpose.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@marchem my understanding is this is a positive wire when the circuit for the starter solenoid is charged. Yellow with red strip appears to fit could also be purple. I’d want the red stripe on the complete wire. It is 14-18 gauge. You would not want someone confusing it if looking at it in the middle of the run and thinking I can splice to ground there.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
@marchem my understanding is this is a positive wire when the circuit for the starter solenoid is charged. Yellow with red strip appears to fit could also be purple. I’d want the red stripe on the complete wire. It is 14-18 gauge. You would not want someone confusing it if looking at it in the middle of the run and thinking I can splice to ground there.
Good point!