BIMINI INSTALLATION ON HUNTER

Jul 18, 2017
Hunter 336 Nanaimo BC
Have a Hunter 336 with a pedastal mounted main sheet. Want to install a bimini but because of the mainsheet and boom there appears to be little room to have a bimini other than a very small on covering only the helmsman. would like the shade at anchor and protection from sun and rain when under sail..
Any advice, pictures would be much appreciated.

thank you
CapSeaquel

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Looking online I see many people have moved their traveler to the cabin top to make room for a bimini
Hunter 336 Bimini.jpg

pichunter336101a.jpg

Jul 18, 2017
Hunter 336 Nanaimo BC
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I see that some people have moved the traveler as a remedy.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Pateco is a good source of information and thank you for the photos. You may want to look also at owner photos under boat information as sometimes gleaning from them may very well answer questions. @pateco thank you for taking the time to post the photos.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Pateco is a good source of information and thank you for the photos. You may want to look also at owner photos under boat information as sometimes gleaning from them may very well answer questions. @pateco thank you for taking the time to post the photos.
Dave,

I don't know if I would characterize myself as a good source. LOL I am just a crazy sailor spending too much time and effort restoring a free sailboat. I am however having a blast doing it, and learning a ton of stuff from this great site.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Could be a good reason to buy a traveler ;)
I've seen twin biminis that could solve your problem too. One in front and one behind the mainsheet. How do you like the 'hot tub' cockpit?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Pateco;
Many contribute here and sharing information is important sir. Thank you and that is all that is needed to be said. Crazy Dave