Registered users don't see ads

Best way to connect tiller and outboard on H240

Discussion in 'Smaller Boats' started by Chopper Pilot, Apr 20, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. DJN51

DJN51

Joined Oct 26, 2009
    337 posts, 6 likes
    Hunter 23.5
    US East Chicago In
    Go to boat info at top of page,23.5 EZ Steer on my 23.5 Works great

2. rgranger

rgranger

Joined Jan 19, 2010
    4,282 posts, 467 likes
    Hunter 26
    US Smith Mountain Lake
    That is really nice.... where did you get the threaded rod and end terminals?

[​IMG]

3. DJN51

DJN51

Joined Oct 26, 2009
    337 posts, 6 likes
    Hunter 23.5
    US East Chicago In
    Got the rod and swivel ends at Fasenal.Bolted treaded male air fittings to swivel fittings . which go to female fitting on rudder .Made angle iron mount for rudder,and bent alum plates to go around motor leg, held on with 1/4 in threaded rod in gas line to not mar motor leg.Pop air fitting and removed easily.I,m running a 6hp 4 stroke Yamaha so it does take alittle effort.

4. caverun

caverun

Joined Feb 18, 2011
    145 posts, 8 likes
    Hunter 240
    US Cave Run Lake, KY
    Update on my H240 motor connector install- I was not happy with the small range of motion on the rudder post as previously mentioned- so I have decided to not install the rod. This was not a high priority for me as I'm on a mooring ball and don't have to maneuver in tight spaces. My connector kit is posted in the gear ads if anyone is looking for one- it is the zinc-plated version from Cabelas. The 240 seems more difficult than other models for this mod.

5. BrianW

BrianW

Joined Jan 7, 2005
    815 posts, 4 likes
    Hunter 26
    US Huntsville, AL Guntersville Lake, (AL)
    Resurrecting an old thread. I bought the Panther link from Cabelas as suggested by Kermit and others for my H26 with a Honda 9.9. Has anyone figured the optimal location for attachments on a Honda 9.9 and the H26 rudder? Thanks! BrianW

Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.
Hunter props, shafts, struts, and cutless bearings
Power train parts for most every Hunter model, most in stock for fast shipment.
Hunter gaskets for all!
Gaskets for ports, hatches, latches, speaker pods, refrigerators, freezers, more.
Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.