Aqualarm bilge switch wiring question

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I sent this question to Aqualarm but who knows if or when they will respond.
Any thoughts on how to wire in the manual bilge pump bypass without damaging the switch? Has anyone done this? I think I can splice in another 12VDC lead from the bypass switch on the master panel to the bilge pump feed. I'm referring to the wire #1 between the pump and the switch. See the diagram. I am wondering if I need a blocking diode between the splice and the Aqualarm.

My question is about standard manual activation of the (any) bilge pump. I have a switch on my master panel that should be able to bypass the float switch and manually activate the pump. That means another 12VDC wire connected to the + side of the pump. The question: can I splice another 12VDC wire to the brown wire connected to the pump? Is there a chance this could damage the Aqualarm? Should I insert a diode between the splice and the Aqualarm to block voltage feeding back to it? I want to maintain the ability to bypass the Aqualarm and run the bilge pump if I need to. I think it's a regulation.
SS-209.png

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Woohoo! Aqualarm responded already! They said the pump switch already has an internal blocking diode to prevent the pump feeding back into it. I just have to make my panel 12VDC override switch connection to the pump as planned.
Maybe this is of value to someone.