Registered users don't see ads

Anyone in the SD, Oside, Dana Point area with an IC-M710 Radio

Discussion in 'SSB and Ham Operators' started by Brian D, Apr 27, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Brian D

Brian D Moderator

Joined Feb 17, 2006
    3,194 posts, 209 likes
    Lancer 27PS
    US Oceanside, Ca MCB Camp Pendleton, Ca KF6BL
    I am trying to put together a document that lays out how to add ham frequencies to the IC-M710. Although this has been documented before, the documents leave out important information. This document would be a step-by-step guide complete with parts lists and troubleshooting.

I do not have an IC-M710 but I do have an IC-707 which uses the same circuitry and my test cable works (see attached image). I just need a M710 to connect to and see if I can talk to the radio by downloading the radio's configuration file.

If you have a M710 and are in the San Diego, Oceanside, or Dana Point area and wouldn't mide me connecting to your rig I would appreciate it. I might even be tempted to go as far as Long Beach/LA.

Thanks

DSCF4379.jpg
    USB to TTL converter wired to mono 3.5mm plug. Yellow wire is TX/RX (tied together), Brown wire is GRD.

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!