Registered users don't see ads

Any good boat lift designs for small sailboats Sea Pearl 21 santana 23 ETC

Discussion in 'Ask All Sailors' started by videorov, Mar 12, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. videorov

videorov

Joined Feb 7, 2013
    28 posts, 2 likes
    Transcat 48
    US Fla
    Boats that have lifting dagger board and rudders. Might be some designs I don't know about.
    I will have to have one installed at new home and looking for ideas for one and feature it
    should have.

2. Kermit

Kermit

Joined Jul 31, 2010
    4,622 posts, 1,806 likes
    Hunter 260
    US Lake Murray Sailing Club, SC
    When I was looking into building a lift for my boat @Crazy Dave Condon suggested building the cradle to match the trailer. Made perfect sense to me.

3. agprice22

agprice22

Joined Aug 3, 2012
    2,068 posts, 386 likes
    Performance Cruising Telstar 28
    US Watkins Glen
    Boat jacks work nicely, and you would not be “installing” them. They are portable. When I had a C22, I used a cradle for the stern and boatjacks for the bow. I lowered the trailer jack to the ground, slid the cradle under the stern, and raised the trailer jack. This effectively held the boat between the bow roller and the cradle. Next, I placed a flat boat jack stand on each side of the bow outside the width of the trailer. I then slid a 10’ 6x6 timber under the bow and put it on the jacks. I used the jacks to lift the bow. The I removed the trailer. I then supported the boat with stands. I don’t think I would do this with any boat larger than that.

4. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    6,489 posts, 525 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    You ask for several different boats. Are you a builder or contractor? Why asked is the approach to this for various and not one specific boat. Please provide further details

5. videorov

videorov

Joined Feb 7, 2013
    28 posts, 2 likes
    Transcat 48
    US Fla
    I was thinking about maybe buying a Santana 23D if I found one in great condition or might go for a Sea Pearl 21. Im sure there are some lift builders in Saint James City that have built some for sailboats.

6. Gunni

Gunni

Joined Mar 16, 2010
    5,173 posts, 1,004 likes
    Beneteau 411 Oceanis
    US Annapolis
    The SeaPearl uses leeboards. Space the bunks or straps accordingly. If you put this boat on a lift you will need to set it up with a full all-weather cover. It is not self-draining.

7. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    6,489 posts, 525 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    Thank you for advising. Does either boat have a trailer.

8. videorov

videorov

Joined Feb 7, 2013
    28 posts, 2 likes
    Transcat 48
    US Fla
    Thanks for the info about that.

Mainsail covers
Pre-patterned mainsail covers to fit your boat
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!
20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.