Anchor mount with in deck furling

Apr 10, 2018
Hunter 33.5 South Haven, MI
I would like to add an anchor mount, and possibly a winch, to my 1988 33.5. I have the in deck roller furling, any suggestions on how to work around this? Pictures greatly appreciated!

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I installed one years ago and no longer have the boat. The in deck furler actually provides adequate clearance. The roller furler assemblies come in different sizes, lengths, width, heights and bolt patterns and the challenge is to get some measurements and try to find one that would fit. You would be looking to mount it at an angle where the front would protrude a little over the tip of the bow. You also want a sturdy unit with holes large enough for sturdy bolts. You are going to want room in the back to install an anchor chain lock. You would be drilling near the bow so look inside the V-Berth for removable panels to gain access. You can use washers as a backing plate. When drilling through gel coat attach a piece of masking tape and drill through it to prevent cracking. You may have to replace anchor, I installed a claw to gain clearance as a Danforth would not work.