air lock fresh water system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2012
Hunter Vision 36 Ffld County
I have a H Vision 36. I got a clog in the strainer from the water tank, pulled out the filter, cleaned out the debris, then re-installed it. The Admiral ran the pump without water coming out, and then I did too....that's how we found the clog.

Now all we get is spurts of water and air when the pump runs continuously.

The tank is full.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Warm regards,

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
There's air somewhere in the system. Sometimes filters don't reseat properly when reinstalled. Check the O ring on the filter, for starters.

Jul 8, 2011
Catalina 30 Sidney B.C.
We get this all the time in the RV industry , try taking off the outlet side of the pump and then turning the switch on until the air clears , leave the inlet on , it is the same situation when you run your tank dry

Jun 25, 2012
hunter 356 Kemah,the Republic of Texas
Nope its more trash in main line.

Mine did this once it was a clog! The same spitting and sputtering. In my case it was on the hot water side after the strainer. Debris was in the line. The pump has never had a problem pulling a vacum on the main water line with a full water tank.
Sounds like you have more trash in your main line before strainer. Disconnect water line at strainer and connect water hose to "main line" back to water tank. If you rig it up wiith the proper connection fittings this will make things go easier. Use a on off valve at end of hose connection. Use short controled burst. To clear the line. Then clean your water tank. I have a water filter connected to the dock side water preasure inlet. Which is located in my anchor locker. This is connected just after the cut off valve at bottom of fresh water tank below with tee fitting and valve. I now only fill fresh water tank with filtered fresh water. I can turn off cut off valve at water tank and then turn valve on at the tee next to water tank and have dock side water. Plus by only filling tank from bottom it tends to stir up any sediments at bottom of tank. I freshen water in water tank with deck fill cap removed letting tank over flow on ocassion.

I have a H Vision 36. I got a clog in the strainer from the water tank, pulled out the filter, cleaned out the debris, then re-installed it. The Admiral ran the pump without water coming out, and then I did too....that's how we found the clog.

Now all we get is spurts of water and air when the pump runs continuously.

The tank is full.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Warm regards,

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Like Stu said, Knot.. ya have an air leak on the suction side of the pump.. could be any fitting between the tank and the pump, but since ya messed with the strainer, I would look at it, its o-ring, and the fittings on each side of the strainer housing.. Happy Hunting !

Jun 28, 2012
Hunter Vision 36 Ffld County
We get this all the time in the RV industry , try taking off the outlet side of the pump and then turning the switch on until the air clears , leave the inlet on , it is the same situation when you run your tank dry
Thank you....I went to the boat this past weekend and removed the outlet side of the plastic piping from the pump. She burped and then water flowed freely as I reconnected it. Once I turned the pump on air spit out of the faucet and then it flowed clean and smooth.

thanks for the tip. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.