adjustable genoa track

GWG

May 3, 2010
Beneteau 40 LI Sound
I am planning to add an adjustable car for my genoa track on my B40. The track is 3cm wide. I was going to go with Garhauer, but their tracks are only in inches. Has anyone made this upgrade on a B40? And which brand did you use?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Are you sure it's 3cm? Harken makes 32mm track, which is virtually the same as 1 1/4". Maybe yours is 32, and you could use Garhaurer's 1 1/4" stuff?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I am planning to add an adjustable car for my genoa track on my B40. The track is 3cm wide. I was going to go with Garhauer, but their tracks are only in inches. Has anyone made this upgrade on a B40? And which brand did you use?
They will build to your track's specifications (as they did for me). Call them for info.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If it's a new track and new car.... just buy the car to match the track... on a boat your size... most likely 1 1/4 ". But hey.... why not just call garhauer and have them hook you up.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
+1 on reaching out to Garhauer. I put an ezcar system on my genoa track and I love it! Garhauer service is terrific. I ordered the wrong kind of car for my existing track, I called them with the issue, the guy said you ordered the wrong kind of car, I'll send you the right one overnight and send the wrong ones back when you can. No credit card.... no deposit. It arrived next day and the proper car went on smooth and easy. I like me some Garhauer!