Accessing rear cleats on H240

Apr 20, 2017
Hunter 240 Fort Collins, Colorado
I would like to replace the rear cleats on my H240 and was wondering if there is a way to access the back of them without cutting a hole in the cockpit and installing an inspection port.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The rear cleats are bolted into an aluminum plate that is encapsulated in the fiberglass.
Caverun; can you let this fellow know how to access the rear from within the boat.

Chopper Pilot; Army Aviation? So was my father. Bldg. 1001 at Ft. Rucker which is the newest and largest dedicated to him last year. There is a lot of history.

Apr 20, 2017
Hunter 240 Fort Collins, Colorado
Actually, Chopper Pilot is a female and I learned to fly helicopters on my own. A childhood dream. I owned a little Hughes 269A1A for several years. Now, I'm back to sailboats. The H240 is sailboat number six for me.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Rob;
Thank you for posting that article. He was credited also for advocating the use of helicopters which is why the building was dedicated to him. It was an honor to my father and also to those who flew and still fly helicopters, so my hats off to all of those related to ARMY AVIATION past, present and future. Only if you knew whom he had known. It was a privilege to have flown in the helicopter from Ft. Eustis, Va to Arlington National Cemeteary in a rare unheard of formation of helicopters in a Missing Man Formation. That was my last ride with Dad.