A brief respite from sailing threads

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
Thanks for posting this, I could use a little virtual sailing reality to get me through fixing my engine. Going to be too long until I get out of the slip.
Made me think of Jonathon Livingston Seagull.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Imagine him flying over your boat and taking a crap! What a mess! At least he can't perch on your wind vane!

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Imagine him flying over your boat and taking a crap! What a mess! At least he can't perch on your wind vane!
I'll assume you're referring to Kermits ostrich. I can usually hold it when flying over boats. :laugh:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I'm glad y'all like the video. Sometimes I feel like the ostrich about life in general.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Imagine having a virtual reality goggle that helps with engine repair. Particularly outboards? WHOOT

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Good thing they can't fly like your Osprey, or you would have a droppings problem on your boat.:yikes:
Jim...
Oh dang. I never thought of that! Take those goggles off him immediately!

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
Yes, my slip looks out at an osprey nest on a piling, I found something that made me think of a hairball from a cat one day. Had to have been a "present" from an osprey.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Yes, my slip looks out at an osprey nest on a piling, I found something that made me think of a hairball from a cat one day. Had to have been a "present" from an osprey.
That's a pellet. Birds of prey eat everything and then hack up what they can't digest. Bone, fur, feathers, scales and the like. Owl pellets actually have monetary value in classrooms. High quality barn owl pellets seem to have the greatest value.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
High quality barn owl pellets seem to have the greatest value.
Are they odorless pellets? Can Peggy tell us how to find odor free pellets?
I have some deer and rabbit pellets left over the weekend in my yard... Would love to sell them, or even give them away if you can pay shipping.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I know Kermie.. I have a couple of cat pellets that were coughed up I can offer, just more of the deer and rabbits... It is a supply and demand thing.... I have a varied supply, and looking for a demand... Would love to accommodate your needs....:biggrin::liar: