!987 Hunter 37 Legend

Jan 20, 2018
2014 West Wight Potter 19 19 Graet Sacandaga Lake NY
Just want to ask you guys abut 1987 Hunter 37 Legend. Find one in very good condition (it's seems to be) . What is your touts , experience with this boat? How does it sails and what to look for with this boat? Thank You, any input appreciated. Robert

Dec 29, 2012
Hunter 37 Jacksonville
Ya talkin my boat. It has been a great compromise for us. It is a great sailer. Decent lines and looks. Very nice room below. Has a centerline queen aft and a very tight amount of room around it. There is often deck rot - delamination on the port side just aft of the anchor locker. The lines for the furler go through the deck there and water often is allowed into the balsa core. Be sure to carefully check that. I've had trouble with water coming in over the nav station too. Still haven't totally solved it but it is related to where the wires come in from under the cover that's over the area just forward of the hatch. Everything else I've dealt with has been because it's an older boat. Glad to share what I know.

Aug 2, 2010
J-Boat J/88 Cobourg
Great sailing boat and pretty fast in my opinion. Mine had water intrusion between the mast step and the "skylights" in the deck aft of the mast. Her we have freezing temps so the water intrusion is pretty easy to see with the top layer puffing up as it freezes. Wish I still had her in some ways. Dan