37c moving shrouds outboard

Jan 11, 2017
Hunter 37c Kingston
Has anyone who owns a 37c moved the shrouds to the outside of the hull instead of having them come up through the deck? Does anyone have any good ideas on how this might affect the rig and if so how to counter any negative effects?
Fair Winds all.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Ahh..............why? Although outboard shrouds have traditionally imparted added structural integrity in boat design to retrofit an existing vessel will not be cost effective.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
It will also affect your ability to sheet in the jib and possibly how high you can point.

Jan 11, 2017
Hunter 37c Kingston
Thank you both for your comments and opinions. I was just thinking about giving me more room for me to move forward with some ease. Thank You Again

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
My Hunter 34 is built with a structural skeleton and a very thin hull. This is different from most boats that have a much thicker hull which provides the structural rigidity. The shrouds anchor to specific strong points on that skeleton. You do not really have the option to anchor the shrouds to the side of the hull. It does not have the strength. The 37c may be built the same way.