250 WB MKII waterline

Apr 6, 2010
Catalina 22 Deltaville
I am planning to bottom paint my 2012 250 WB. I just purchased the boat this year and stuck it in the water (for me it is in a creek off of the Chesapeake bay) in an effort to get a "scum" line around the boat to identify where the waterline is going to be. I have done all the normal "loading" the boat, filled the tanks, and stuck all the things normal to everyday slip storage. I repeat normal and nothing extra. I may lack about 150 LBS from going on the boat, cooking utensils, bedding, first aid kit, small things like that.
Here is the dilemma, The water line is establishing one half inch ABOVE the bottom of the boat stripe at midship. The waterline at aft seems to be placed correctly about one inch below the stripe and the bow section is OK. Midship is way off. It seems like the stripe is placed about 1.5 inches to 2 inches to low. Does the factory know where the waterline is supposed to land on this boat. I do not have the boat loaded with anything but normal day to day sailing essentials.
What do I need to do?