23.5 water tank

Jan 13, 2017
Hunter 23.5 Panama City, Florida
Looking for leads on a good water tank for my 23.5. I think the original was a 3-gallon tank that fits under the sink. I currently use a collapsible jug plumbed into the v-birth storage. Any suggestions for a tank that would fit in the original location? I would be will to plumb in a fill port if the tank was permanently installed, assuming a could fit such a tank into the opening.

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
It's a 5 gallon tank. Never used mine as I only day sailed. The 2 times I overnighted, poured from a jug and ate out.

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
Ive never used the sink in my 23.5, except for a quick place to dump wallets, keys and cell phones, etc. . It didnt come with a water tank, but of course it does have the sink and pump. It seems like pulling a few gallons in and out from under the sink would be a pain. Plus you cant secure it. When we camped on the boat for 8 days we just used a 5 gal plastic "gerry can" type jug. It stored well between the table leg and starboard seats. We just poured into 1 lt bottles for immediate use.

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
I put a 30 gal flexible water tank under the port aft berth and had a deckfill in the coaming. I could only get about 20 gallons in if I recall, but it was plumbed to a 12v pump (new faucet of course) and worked great.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You might want to see what Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks has in smaller tanks. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. You might find a non-rectangular 12-20 gal one that'll fit the space under a berth.

--Peggie