2004 H33 Mainsheet Size

Russ S

Jun 20, 2018
Hunter 33 Carlyle, IL
I'm sure this has been gone over a lot here, but I can't seem to find it. Just bought a '04 h33 that I don't think has been sailed for a while. First thing I noticed was that the mainsheet was frozen in place and wouldn't budge. Reeving a new line wasn't easy due to the 1/2" mainsheet that was installed. Not only was it difficult to pull around sheaves in the boom, but I had to take the core out of the section jammed in the sheet stopper to get it out. I have no idea how they got it in there in the first place. Looked up the sheet size in the manual and it also calls for 1/2" line! I had some 3/8"XLS that seems to work just fine, but I'm concerned. I can't see 1/2" line even going around the block at the mast base or the boom end, or anywhere in the mainsheet system. Anyone else run into this? Is the info in the manual incorrect? Is it possible the wrong hardware is installed on this boat?

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
My 1994 Hunter 33.5 has a 7/16 " size main sheet- however none on my mainsheet is in the boom- only my reefing line and outhaul which I believe are 3/8 "

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ill be back up at the boat tomorrow, so can check sizes etc. but I'm sure mine is 1/2" Would need to see what blocks etc that don't fit. Perhaps the line has swelled and no longer fits? Can you post some pictures so we can see what is happening?