2002 Catalina with M35B Universal

Apr 9, 2016
Catalina 350 48 Santa Barbara
My engine has started to stall for no apparent reason. The water\fuel separator is clear, other inline filter is new. I don't have any leaks but the engine will just quit at times. Yesterday it was in the slip. The other day I was halfway from SB to Catalina but it restarted after it rested about 20 minutes. There is a new fuel pump on her too. Mechanic seems dumbfounded as to why so I am trying to search for possibilities.

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Tighten the hose clamps on that new lift pump. Especially on the intake side. Might be leaking air in, but not fuel out so there's no indicator of a leak.

Last edited:
May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Check that the vent line is clear. Next time it happens open the fuel cap and see if air rushes in.

If not maybe crap covering / in the pickup tube.

Did you change both fuel filters?? Since you have new lift pump I assume it’s filter is clean.

Is your lift pump actually running?? You can run for a while without it

Les

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Mechanic seems dumbfounded as to why so I am trying to search for possibilities.
You need a smarter mechanic, or, like many of us have, become one yourself (for this kind of stuff). It's silly to pay $$$ for something you could do better yourself. Good luck, be methodical. VERY. Take notes and/or pictures. Joint by joint.
I don't have any leaks
You most likely do.