1999 Hunter 340 Mast Height? Tall or Shortened?

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter 340 Rogersville, AL
After some research, I found out that a shorter mast version of the H340 was made available which lowered the overall height from 56' down to about 52'? I am trying to find some information on this. I am looking at purchasing a H340, and the mast had rivets in it just below the first set of spreaders where it looked like it had been cut. Maybe they were all riveted there due to shipping constraints? Can any of the H340 owners confirm this? Would Hunter have this information in the original order info? The current owner told me the trips they had taken on it and to make it to where they visited, there is no way it was done with a 56' mast height....and no he did not load the boom or halyard to list the boat over. @Crazy Dave Condon ?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 340 St Andrews Bay
Ours is standard height and hasn't been shortened. Thought about it because of Destin area. There is a section well below spreaders that has rivets but that is factory original. If that one is truly 52' it must have been cut along with the sails.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
bamabaxter called to say the mast was standard but due to cost and condition, he purchased the boat as he will take over the care of that boat like he does with others.

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Cabinet catch for many Hunters

These catches were common on Hunters from the Legend-era through today's Marlow-Hunters. We keep a large stock on hand for emergency shipments or just getting spares.
See the product