1989 Hunter 30 cradle dimensions

Ecosta

Sep 4, 2017
Hunter 426 Toronto
Hello, I purchased a 1989 Hunter 30 in the spring. It did not include the cradle. Freind of mine will give me a cradle from a 42 foot Beneteau. It is a collapsable heavy duty 6 pad 14 foot by 8 foot steel cradle. Photo attached. Does anyone know if I can make this work with my sailboat without too many modifications? Does anyone have cradle plans or proper measurements for the 1989 Hunter 30? I'd appreciate the input. Thank you.

Attachments

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
If you can get the pads to line up with the bulkheads. The weight of the boat rests on the keel. If the pads don't match up you risk the sides of the boat oil canning and that will put cracks in your gel coat. Remember the pads are only there to keep the boat upright. Not to carry any weight. Hope this helps.
And welcome to the site.

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
That cradle looks awesome and apparently has a lot of adjustment you should be able to make it work . Just schedule with lift to have extra time for a first time fit. Carry with you plenty of cribbage or boards to fit boat to cradle also have a drill and bits if a major adjustment needed

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
O and the Hunter 30 soft spot is under the bathroom floor avoid a pad being in that location and after boat secured check yours for a blow out

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Don Crother pretty much hit it on the nailhead about the oil canning should the pads be in the wrong place. Keep an eye for that.