12v Fan

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
2 caframo scirocco's , one old style caframo, all installed 07 and running like champs. the sciroccos with timers are great, just put one in the rv.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
The car frame fans with the surrounding plastic cage are the best and still have them working on my boat since 2000 and much quieter too and use less amps.
I also have the cheaper rubber blades shown and have not lasted as long,I also have some other
$$$ fans from WM and have gotten most my fans on sale at WM.
I also have the cheap Walmart fans or should say had and have for the driver in my RV and those Walmart don’t last very noisy and more amps and not worth the $$$$.
I highly recommend the better fans for the boat and I run them over night on my boat.
Nick

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
1991 Catalina 22 Wing Keel 15202 Nocona
The car frame fans with the surrounding plastic cage are the best and still have them working on my boat since 2000 and much quieter too and use less amps.
I also have the cheaper rubber blades shown and have not lasted as long,I also have some other
$$$ fans from WM and have gotten most my fans on sale at WM.
I also have the cheap Walmart fans or should say had and have for the driver in my RV and those Walmart don’t last very noisy and more amps and not worth the $$$$.
I highly recommend the better fans for the boat and I run them over night on my boat.
Nick
Thank you Nick! Positive feedback like this is what keeps this forum "top notch"!

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
Yes! Another Hobby King addict! I have been thinking the same thing - a good, brushless RC motor.... Maybe we can figure out which motor is best for certain fans, for retrofit. Would you use an ESC?
Now I know what to do with that useless Hubsan quadrocopter my brother dumped on me for my birthday! 4 brushless motors, 4 two bladed propellers, just have to get the voltage right.

Jun 3, 2019
Catalina 22 flicka 20 Flicka 20 Chase creek
Ok heres the inexpensive but extremely functional way
Walmart sells a usb rechargeable holmes 4 inch personal lithium battery
3 speed Fan you use same as your cel phone charge cord they come with charge cord price is 10 dollars.
Low speed runs 6 hours high speed 2 hours . They are small but move air well. Charge up up with 12 volt usb port or walmart 750watt inverters 39 dollars have 2 usb ports. These fans are durable for marine use and have served me well use near entryway or deck hatch or opening port light hatch.
Very efficient and way cheaper than marine fans also are low draw on charge. My 750 watt inverter runs my mr coffee 4 cup coffee 600 watt pot so fresh coffee every morning with .2 watt battery draw. 100 watt semi flexible solar panel keeps batteries topped off.

Attachments