Webasto 16K A/C

Manny

Oct 5, 2006
Hunter 82? 37 Cutter Wherever the wind takes me
Hey,

Anyone a Webasto A/C expert on here? On my new (to me) boat i tried firing up the a/c this past weekend just to check it, and the water turned on but the compressor and fan never started, and a few minutes later i received an E3 error code. According to Webasto the code means compressor low pressure protection. Not sure if there are a few things i can try before calling someone in to troubleshoot? Theres not much I could find online. I will try cleaning out the strainer and flushing the water lines, although there seemed to be a decent amount of water pumping through. I don't know how old the unit is, but i doubt it is more than about a year old. The previous owner hadn't even finished the installation. I would find it hard to imagine it has lost the refrigerant, unless an improper winterizing could have somehow caused a leak.
Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If someone knows were the low pressure sensor is located and if there is a way to test it, that may be helpful.
Also if anyone can recommend a good a/c tech close to Middle River MD that would be great too.

Thanks!

Manny