I am looking to buy a Hunter (or similar) Sailboat 32’-42’

Feb 3, 2021
West Wight Potter 19 Lloydminster
I am in the market to purchase a year 2000 or newer Hunter sailboat 32’ – 42’. Would prefer furling mainsail. Would like/prefer it to be located in Western Canada (Vancouver/Victoria area), but not mandatory. I would consider something other than a Hunter (something similar to) but based on my searches Hunter is probably my preference. Price range $50,000 - $70,000 $CDN. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A FIXER-UPPER.

I am very new to sailing and have been searching for the past couple years to determine what exactly it is I want/need based on what my intended plans are. I will be mainly coastal cruising (liveaboard) and may never take it any further than a few miles off shore. I like the interior spaciousness of Hunter boats as I will be anchored/docked most of the time and not likely ever cross an open ocean.

Please make a mental note of my search and should you come across anyone who might be selling a boat matching my wants/needs, please have them contact me. ( svsayward1@gmail.com )

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
I am in the market to purchase a year 2000 or newer Hunter sailboat 32’ – 42’. Would prefer furling mainsail. Would like/prefer it to be located in Western Canada (Vancouver/Victoria area), but not mandatory. I would consider something other than a Hunter (something similar to) but based on my searches Hunter is probably my preference. Price range $50,000 - $70,000 $CDN. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A FIXER-UPPER.

I am very new to sailing and have been searching for the past couple years to determine what exactly it is I want/need based on what my intended plans are. I will be mainly coastal cruising (liveaboard) and may never take it any further than a few miles off shore. I like the interior spaciousness of Hunter boats as I will be anchored/docked most of the time and not likely ever cross an open ocean.

Please make a mental note of my search and should you come across anyone who might be selling a boat matching my wants/needs, please have them contact me. ( svsayward1@gmail.com )
Like this:

2001 Hunter 320, Vancouver British Columbia - boats.com

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I am in the market to purchase a year 2000 or newer Hunter sailboat 32’ – 42’.
We purchased our 1991 P42 in 2002. Not Bristol, but it remains in very good condition. Odds of finding one that falls within your price range unlikely, but if you can find one, that would be a great choice. Our admiral really likes the aft cabin layout, but I like the performance the best. A 40.5 also a good choice, but not as comfy.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
You should look for a catalina 310, the only thing you might not get is an in mast furling main. There are great options to simplify sail handling that will work too.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You might re-consider a walk off transom. My H356 had one and I don't think I would want a cruising sailboat without one.
:plus:

I'm with @shemandr on this one. The walk-off option gives you an easy place to get into and out of the dingy, ... and makes transitioning provisions from the dink to the mother ship much easier. And if you back into the slip, you can simply walk onto and off of the boat at ease. It makes the dock an extension of your cockpit. And a coastal cruiser would want to be able to explore (with ease) all that the local towns have to offer... My H26 had a walk off and I loved it. At the moment I am sailing a Hobie 16 buy I am keeping my eye out for a 30+ cruiser.... and a walk-off is a must on the punch list.

Have you looked at the Catalina 320?

Feb 3, 2021
West Wight Potter 19 Lloydminster
:plus:

I'm with @shemandr on this one. The walk-off option gives you an easy place to get into and out of the dingy, ... and makes transitioning provisions from the dink to the mother ship much easier. And if you back into the slip, you can simply walk onto and off of the boat at ease. It makes the dock an extension of your cockpit. And a coastal cruiser would want to be able to explore (with ease) all that the local towns have to offer... My H26 had a walk off and I loved it. At the moment I am sailing a Hobie 16 buy I am keeping my eye out for a 30+ cruiser.... and a walk-off is a must on the punch list.

Have you looked at the Catalina 320?
Thanks for the input. I have not looked / considered the Catalina 320 as of yet. Will put it on my search list. Thanks