Hunter 34 Stern railing height ?

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of dinghy davits. Before I do I need to make sure they'll fit on my Hunter 34 so I need to find out what the railing height is. I seem to remember it is 24 inches high at the stanchion near the ladder, but I don't have the height near the stanchions closer to the sides of the boat or at the corner. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I am probably going to drive to the boat tomorrow.. I will get your measurements if still needed..

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Apologies, I did not get out there yet.. early next week is next opportunity..
I do not have davits.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Apologies, I did not get out there yet.. early next week is next opportunity..
I do not have davits.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to find a 34 here in Cocoa, Florida and ask if I can go measure it. I'll get back to you in any case. Regards, Claude

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Claude, no matter the original height, be sure yours are tall enough to stop you from falling overboard. :biggrin:

This is one of those cases that size matters.

Aug 23, 2011
Hunter 31 Georgetown, MD
Claude
I have Garhauer DD 6-2 davits mounted to my 1986 H31. I've had them for 8 years now!
Great setup for my solar panel and occasional use for my dinghy.
Fantastic product and Garhauer support. Installation was a breeze. When mounting you always need a this or that and it was only a phone call away.
I'm having problems with my tablet but will try to send pictures from work tomorrow.