Beneteau 373 rebedding toe rail and stanchion behind power panel

Nov 17, 2022
Beneteau 373 St Pete Beach
The perfect place for a leak! Does anyone have any sage advise for accessing and rebedding the toe rail and stanchions behind the power panel? Or sealing the leak from the deckside?
3DDE51BC-33E9-4E3B-8A8E-D92F3F412445.jpeg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Sealing leaks from outside never work for very long. Any deck fitting that leaks needs to be removed, cleaned, and rebedded.

Unless you can actually see the leak from the stanchions or toe rail, I would not assume the leaks are from those areas. Leaks often show up from far away from the actual leak. Looking at the photo, I'd first suspect the port light above the electrical panel. Knowing under what conditions the leak occurs can be a valuable clue.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Just in case Bene didn't change how they do stanchions between my model years and the next gen (yours): the stanchions are secured with one big nut and they are *generally* accessible through a strip of "headliner" material above shelving and whatnot. Unless you know the leak source the situation is as Dave says.

Nov 17, 2022
Beneteau 373 St Pete Beach
After a thorough investigation I found the source of the leak. The port light has a leak. I've marked it off with tape where it leaks. Looks like I'm going to have to re-bed it.
Port light inside.jpg