Identifying SBO Members

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It's one thing to walk around with your burgee at a boat show, but what about other times? It looks kinda silly to fly one while out and about. We need something more subtle. SBO members need a secret decoder ring20190705_052225.jpg and handshake
See? Subtle.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
It's one thing to walk around with your burgee at a boat show, but what about other times? It looks kinda silly to fly one while out and about. We need something more subtle. SBO members need a secret decoder ringView attachment 166775 and handshake
See? Subtle.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Not sure I could remember all that! I think I’ll just fly my burgee.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Or you could just ask a new sailor when you meet.
Have you used the SBO Forum?

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Hello SBO Members,

Will: When can a representative group of SBO members meet to choreograph moves similar to those in your video? The people in the background are studying the moves critically and very carefully.

jssailem: Your solution is too simple! It will never catch on.

Back in the Day: 31Seahorse won a hat with SBO information on it. My entry for the now defunct caption contest was chosen as a winner. I LOVED that hat and wore it often! It met an untimely end when it was knocked from my head while I was driving the tractor and pulling the brush hog through some overhanging branches. I'm beginning to tear-up, so I'll leave the story at this point. I should shop for a replacement.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
For all sailors who venture into the PacNW waters, should we meet and should you offer me a beer and a sailing story, it is entirely possible that you might walk away with a SBO burgee as a parting memento.

Seems I acquired a few during our February, Les and John's 2019 Extreme Winter Sailing Adventure and only @Michael Davis and of course @Phil Herring greeted us along the way.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Did figure eights and having a good old time until I looked behind and saw Harbor Patrol, DNR and Coast Guard blue light specials. At least on shore I was being cheered on but was being reamed out by DNR
Geez Dave!

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
"What's on your forehead?"

On mine there is the imprint of the palm of my own hand. It has been becoming more evident as I get older and continue to smack myself there as I say to myself, "That is so simple. Why didn't I think of it?"