Hello, new Catalina 22 owner here with questions.

Jun 4, 2019
Catalina, Newport Catalina 22, Newport 17 Landlocked in NE PA
Hello,
A good friend of mine is moving and couldn't take his Catalina 22 with him so he's given it to me.
I have a question... Attached to the mast are two stainless steel lines with a small pulley block at the free ends. What are they used for?
I need to take a picture of them.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Photos would help. Your description leads me to believe they may be stays of some sort. Are the lines attached to the same or opposite sides of the mast.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Pictures would be needed to confirm this but my first instinct is that they are for Lazy jacks. If there Stainless cables and both have a small block at the end there likely attached on opposite sides of the mast and used to capture the sail as it is flaked on the boom.

Welcome to the forum. May I recommend the Catalina 22 specific forum to you and the National Catalina 22 association. There is a wealth of information in both of these groups.

https://www.catalina22.org/

Jun 4, 2019
Ok thank you. I will post in the specific forum. My previous boat was a Newport 17 it has a very simple rig

Jun 4, 2019
I did some poking around on the web looking at lazy jack setups... I think you are correct.
Thank you

Last edited: