Rustoleum

Dec 11, 2015
Hunter 25 Plymouth
This post is more of a review than an ask for feedback however feel free to do so. I just painted my boat with Rustoleum Marine Topside Paint. I've been painting with marine brand names such as Interlux and Jamestown since I was a kid (long ago) and I've never been satisfied. In the past I've had sagging, paint drying right behind too quickly, etc. Rustoleum first is inexpensive, the color looks rich (I used navy blue) is durable and applies with ease. Admitting, I did add Penetrol to the paint which I also recommend highly as the paint evened out nicely, didn't dry too quickly and didn't sag. I intended to roll and tip however using a foam roller, the paint came out very uniformly so I didn't want to ruin it with brush strokes. I believe I've found my new paint and after all, though not known for their marine paints, Rustoleum is a brand name!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
AND.... you will be able to find an exact color match years later. I have never used the "marine" version but I have painted many boats with Rustoleum with similar results to what you found. I have always assumed the difference between the regular grade and marine grade is $$$$$