H31 leak

Jan 11, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Middle River, MD
I am trying to diagnose a leak that is causing water to get into the lazarette and also into the aft end of the quarter berth. So far I believe part of the problem is a leaky starboard side cockpit drain hose, but I haven't had a chance to replace the hose yet.
The water in the very rear of the quarter berth has me scratching my head, however I do intend to clean out the aft seat lockers and investigate that area for any obvious leaks.
Any other guidance would be appreciated.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
There is at least one thread devoted to this specific notion. Im working with a phone only, but give me a day and I'll try find it. Or you could search the site, filtering for my posts, and using the search word "flow". It's likely between Aug. 2015 and Sept. 2016. I didn't start the thread, though.

Sep 11, 2015
Hunter 31 Marina del Rey
I has a similar leak on my H31. In my case, it was the exhaust hose attachment to the through hull. It is a little bit difficult to get too, you need to lie down in the lazarette and peek behind the fuel tank with a flash light. It is either the exhaust hose or the starboard cockpit drain hose. Once you take a look you can work on replacing them just by feeling them, you do not need to have visual confirmation. It is a good idea to remove the hoses completely and inspect/replace as necessary. The port cockpit drain hose you can access easily from the rear berth.

Other than these three hoses, you may want to inspect the boarding ladder back plate (unlikely but easy to check), the cockpit shower assembly and the water tank fill hose. All are easy to access.

Good luck.
SV Pizzazz
1984 H31

Jan 11, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Middle River, MD
Thanks. I found the thread on cockpit leaks, and appreciate all the help. I will get to the boat next week and start tracking things down.