Adding a sheet stopper to 2004 33

Russ S

Jun 20, 2018
Hunter 33 Carlyle, IL
I'd like to add a fourth sheet stopper to my existing sets of three on my 2004 Hunter 33. Looks like they are Spinlock XAS, but I only see two pairs next to each other for a total of four at the Spinlock website. Is it possible to add just the one or do I have to somehow mount two pairs where there are now just the three? Thanks in advance.

Russ S

Jun 20, 2018
Hunter 33 Carlyle, IL
Thanks for the quick response BMA. I've been calling them "Rope Clutches" for 40 years, but when I looked on this forum, every time I used "rope clutch" I got nothing. So I used "Sheet Stopper" and bingo … several posts. Go figure. Anyway, I know I can get a single, but will the single bolt to the existing trio that I already have? The side plates are sculptured, and I don't know if I can just take the side plate off and add a clutch, or if I have to mount two separate pairs.

Russ S

Jun 20, 2018
Hunter 33 Carlyle, IL
It looks like I'll be making a trip to the boat and pulling apart what's there, to see if I can do what I'd like, or throw a few more boat bucks at it for new ones. I'd rather just add the singles.

Russ S

Jun 20, 2018
Hunter 33 Carlyle, IL
Well, looks like the answer was right in front of me. The picture of the 33 in the brochure that came with the boat shows a triple and a single next to it. Mystery solved. Two singles on the way.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Just to confirm your suspicions, it will not bolt on to the side of a triple. You need to mount it singly and separately.