Replacing Oil Pressure Switch

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Thanks Rob for that PDF and Thanks Tom for that advice. Will check that CB and the oil pressure sensor wires tomorrow.

Mar 22, 2009
Okay. I also have the slip on blade connectors. It came off. In my attempt to put it back on...by feel...can't really see it...I bent the blade. Straightened the blade and put the female connector back on...it worked...for about 10 minutes. It came off again. In my attempt to put it back on again I bent the blade again. On my second attempt to straighten the blade it broke off.

So now I am going to have to get a new sensor.

Can anyone provide a source or part number? I am guessing I can find it on Catalina Direct.

Appreciate any help.

Merry Christmas!!!

Cheers,
Jim

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Okay. I also have the slip on blade connectors. It came off. In my attempt to put it back on...by feel...can't really see it...I bent the blade. Straightened the blade and put the female connector back on...it worked...for about 10 minutes. It came off again. In my attempt to put it back on again I bent the blade again. On my second attempt to straighten the blade it broke off.

Can anyone provide a source or part number? I am guessing I can find it on Catalina Direct.

Appreciate any help.

Merry Christmas!!!

Cheers,
Jim
Oil sensor part # 037323. Got mine through eng dealer.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Oil sensor part # 037323. Got mine through eng dealer.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA
That's a genuine Westerbeke part, with the same blade connectors. CD sells it for $31, #Z4144; Amazon sells it for $49. I'd be tempted to find one with the same specs and screw fittings. It's just 1/8" NPT thread. If you're feeling real geeky you can add a pressure sensor to the spare port there and put a real oil pressure sensor in your engine pod, maybe replacing the volt meter there.

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks guys. I found it on CD. But now that I think about it I think I might have one in my spares box on the boat. Going to check that out tomorrow.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA

Appreciate any help.

Merry Christmas!!!

Cheers,
Jim
When I repaired mine, I crimped the connectors a bit to make them tighter. Same thing happened on my starter solenoid when I replaced the starter. A wire slipped off, and the engine wouldn't start. Those blade connectors do not belong on a boat!

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I have an extra on the boat, I changed the original one to a gauge/switch combo sensor. Now I have oil pressure gauge where the amp meter was.

Jul 15, 2018
Catalina 28 King Harbor
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question for you about replacing the sensor as I also broke off one of the blades.
When you removed the sensor did oil start leaking out of the hole?

Let me know please.
Thank you,
Jeff

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
Might be a tiny dribble of oil coming out the hole, a paper towel or rag will handle it. But don't start the engine with the switch out!