No running or mast lights 25.5

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Sand the patina off of those pins and scrape out the female side of the plug until bare copper shows. Then try. I'd still replace soon but I doubt you are getting any current to flow through all of that copper oxide.
Please don’t sand. You’ll loose any conductive plating on the pins. Contact cleaner and qtips. Even erasers are too abrasive.

Jul 5, 2017
Hunter 25.5 Arizona
Well that is the wires on the deck, you can see the hole through the deck on left. The wires run on the port side of the mast in the second photo. These other photos might show what you need.

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The last photo was shaded. Please retake. Also are those wires under the mast or lines. What is that black line, line or electrical
What I am focusing on is a more detailed electrical coming out of the deck and fittings. I have so much experience but to properly advise is for information I cannot see clearly. I am not helping myself but trying to help you

Jul 5, 2017
Hunter 25.5 Arizona
Ok I will get more when I have the boat at my house again. The long black line is the jib halyard.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
One thing I'd try in the interim. Looks like the female connector goes up the mast, with some possibly dodgy wires on it. If that connector has some sort of setscrew that holds it to the wires, try removing it, and look at the ends of those 4 (?) wires, see if highly corroded. You may be able to resurrect that connector. Clean with contact cleaner if needed, and then use a 12V battery or other 12V DC source (power brick if you have one) to check each of the 3 power wires - not sure which wire (maybe wires?) is ground. See if you can light the bulbs. I'd open the fixtures at the masthead anyway and inspect - look at the wires going into those sockets, the state of the sockets where the bulbs go in, etc. Examine the bulbs, maybe test them directly with 12V to see if they are good. That will at least get you to the point where you know that the wiring from the plug on up to the bulbs works, You should be able to see which wire colors attach to what on the masthead, and what type of bulbs (possibly bayonet where the metal surround on the bulb is usually ground, and the dimple on the bulb bottom is hot). What mast lights do you have - maybe an anchor light and steaming light? You could try that with the running lights too. In any case, I'd inspect the light fixtures and bulbs no matter what.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I think you have a deck thru fitting where the cables run thru with a grommet to prevent water intrusion. If that is the case, I would suggest replacing them. Here are the suggestions

Ancor makes a two inch thru deck fitting which I used for a VHF PL 259 fitting. The cap shown is for this to cover when not connected.
The last item is a WM 184226 item for attachment of the mast lights and comes with a cap to cover when not in use.
These items make it much easier for the trailer sailor to disconnect without long wires coming thru or can be accidentially pulled thru

Hopes this helps.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have the second one that CD showed you. SeaDog also makes that same part. It works very well. I replaced mine this summer.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I think the one mentioned by WM is made by Seadog but folks check with the forum store to see if they sell the above parts.

I do request that I am not an expert but merely giving advice back to you based on knowledge and experience. I do rely on others sometimes for addl. info. to help in responding back. For those folks, I thank them as well as you know who you are.

Merry Christmas.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Thanks Rob but we must be careful to stay away from the two pin for the minimal 3/4 pin depending on what is used above.