What's a yacht?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Not sure about your ship but the mess also served as the armory during action, greeting center for visitors and serving place for chip beef.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
a "mess" is only dining... all kinds of things can happen in a saloon/salon.
What happens in a saloon stays in a saloon? Is that the kind of thing you mean?
Yanks say “salon”; Brits say “saloon”. You’d think it would be the other way around.
a marine industry who feared--with good reason!--that the boat buying public wasn't smart enough to know that "saloon" could refer to anything but a wild west barroom that we began seeing "salon" in print ads and brochures.
It's like I always say, "What makes America great is our ability to market like nobody else."

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
If you can provide me with a shipping address, I'll get that yacht headed your way.
Thanks, Peggy, but, no thanks. I'll settle for braggin' rights. Already have your book and I'm up to my keister in "yachts" as it is. However, if we should ever meet again, I'd gladly take you up on a :beer:. Cheers!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
A few weeks ago I was on one of my job sites along the Hudson River on the Jersey side just downstream from the G.W. Bridge when I had a peek at a yacht running downstream with a helicopter perched near the stern. It got me thinking … why would you need to bother with a dink when you've got a chopper?

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Pretty hard to land a chopper in Ego Alley , Annapolis,for breakfast!