What’s more expensive than a free boat?

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I recognize this boat, there was a posting earlier in the week looking for information on this very boat. $999 for a project really not worth doing.

bletso

Aug 20, 2013
Globe 38 PCB
A mast would cost more than the boat is worth, well for that matter so would a new diesel!!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
No, I remember the marina owner posting on here looking for the boat owner. I think it must be a typo. He has to be offering $999 for the tow away service. Right? Because who ever tows her away has to incur the cost of a trailer. That only makes sense. o_O

- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
What the owner asked for,
"I'm trying to identify a boat... It's a Hunter yacht approximately 30 feet in length. Can someone help me? I looked for some kind of serial number or ID tag but couldn't find it. It's has been in storage on my yard for some time now and I have to get rid off it. Any help appreciated. Please see the pictures."

Max

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
... thousand dollar boat, it ain't worth nothin'
Might as well take your thousand dollars and set fire to it...
A thousand dollar boat, ain't gonna sail, 'til you put throw at least another 20 thousand in the hole,...
and there you are, the owner of a 21 thousand dollar thousand dollar boat.
Oh why did I ever buy a thousand dollar boat?...

Apologies to Harry Connick Jr.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Who is talking about a project? It is clearly not worth it, but if you will notice the self tailing winches alone might be worth the asking price. They are probably advertising for a salvage vendor to strip and dispose of the hull. Seen a very nice boat once named "Garbage Stinks" . It shows there is money in dealing in trash.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Looked way better than +2! Only one divorce though and still paying.
What a relief to hear that. I'm sure 1 divorce is bad enough. My brother is in his 3rd wife. After 3, I'd start to suspect the problem wasn't with her.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Who is talking about a project? It is clearly not worth it, but if you will notice the self tailing winches alone might be worth the asking price. They are probably advertising for a salvage vendor to strip and dispose of the hull. Seen a very nice boat once named "Garbage Stinks" . It shows there is money in dealing in trash.
I'll give $10 for the wheel nut.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I would be willing to tow her away for the offered fee, $999. I have to pickup marine plywood in Boston anyhow. Oh, sorry, NJ. Nope, too far. Add another $1998 and I might consider it.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I picked this S2 up last year for the same price. Lee, the present wife (don't ask which number) didn't cotton to the idea at first, but is making new cushions, working on the interior, and selling our other boat. I think she warmed up to it after the $10K living room upgrade. At 64 I'm learning how to play this game of marriage.

Attachments