Your best guess?

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Built of wood in 1992, 33feet. Owner R. Leask. I think it's a one off. Canadian Registry dosn't give a designer or type.

Jan 5, 2017
Makes a big difference!!! Ski hills on the north shore or the banana belt on the lower Fraser

Jan 5, 2017
Found a reference to a Loon I designed by G. Heal of Victoria B.C. in 1921. He latter designed a LoonII but I can't find a reference to it for size. Loon I was 20 feet. I assume Loon II was larger. This boat is registered at 11 metres ( more like 36 feet than 33) and looks like it could be from the same era.

Jan 5, 2017
There seems to be a surprisingly large number of sailboats named Loon II o_O
It's the only "registered vessel" of that name. There is an Arctic Loon and a Loon III. Others with that name will be licensed or documented.( registered means H.M.ElisibethII owns 1/64 th of your boat, and NO she dosn't pay 1/64 of the bills but I think you can use copper bottom paint until the Royal Navy stops.)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Found a reference to a Loon I designed by G. Heal of Victoria B.C. in 1921. He latter designed a LoonII but I can't find a reference to it for size. Loon I was 20 feet. I assume Loon II was larger. This boat is registered at 11 metres ( more like 36 feet than 33) and looks like it could be from the same era.
About 36 feet.

All U Get

Jan 5, 2017
All U Get
If Loon II is still there you should row over and ask Bob how far off the mark we all are!
Mike

Oct 2, 2008
We moved to Treasure Cay for a while. Gale winds again this week and I was ordered to make landfall. Some women can't be pleased .

All U Get

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
^^ Wrong thread. Should have been posted in "Kermit ho".

Oct 2, 2008
As we traveled through the Whale Cut and anchored at Green Turtle Cay, I saw the Loon II motoring north. I hailed him on the radio and got an answer to the make of boat. Owner built or "Junks gone wild". He said he added the gaff rigged sails as part of a school project but wasn't finished. I didn't want to press for more info.
He expected to cross to St. Augustine and then await a window for Bermuda. We may see him again.

All U Get

Jan 5, 2017
As we traveled through the Whale Cut and anchored at Green Turtle Cay, I saw the Loon II motoring north. I hailed him on the radio and got an answer to the make of boat. Owner built or "Junks gone wild". He said he added the gaff rigged sails as part of a school project but wasn't finished. I didn't want to press for more info.
He expected to cross to St. Augustine and then await a window for Bermuda. We may see him again.

All U Get
So what is it?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I guess you would call it a ________ (insert owner's last name in the blank).