H376 Jabsco to Raritan Sea era change

rfrye1

Jun 15, 2004
Hunter H376 San Diego
Considering the change to the electric flush Raritan. For those who have done this on a DIY, is it a difficult swap out? In other words major or minor surgery?
Thanks. Bob.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Start by reading the instructions! Raritan SeaEra owners manual

If you're replacing a Jabsco--or any--manual toilet, you'll need to fill mounting bolt holes and drill new ones...and btw, all toilets mount using lag bolts, so no nuts to remove. Just back out the bolts.

All electric toilets should be on their own dedicated circuit, shared by nothing else--not even cabin lights--that can pull power away from it. 'Cuz low voltage is not only the most common reason for sluggish discharge, but is also highly damaging to any electric motor. If your electrical skills max out at replacing a light bulb, you might want to pay certified marine electrician to do that much. The rest is just follow the instructions, asking questions if there's anything you don't understand BEFORE you do it wrong and have to do it over.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I did add the Sea Era in place of a WC tiolet and yes needed to fill the old holes and drill new ones and no big deal and I used my old bowl and lid.
I also did add a 10 amp circuit breaker for the electric connection and works great.
Nick

Mar 19, 2010
Hunter 1997 376 Ventura, CA
I also replaced the Jabsco with a Raritan toilet great change had a little trouble with the 1 1/2 hose connection but after that went smooth, I ordered the smart control and love the change. The Wife is thrilled. And yes the household size and a dedicated fuse works great.