Liquid Rubber.....

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
I coated the inside of my propulsion battery bank box with it. So far it's held up fine.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have not used that but I have used "Goop" with great results. You can create a "dam" with masking tape and then pore it in. It takes a few days to fully set up but when it does it is a very hard and durable rubber.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I have, but not for sailing.
Successful use as a exterior "pan" under ceramic tile. Prevents leaks, but is it UV sensitive.

BTW all rubber is UV sensitive and increase in Durometer or hardness on long term exposure.
Jim...

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
They have a product to put over this if it is going to be in the sun to protect from sun.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I used the spray on stuff thats found at home depot and it didnt hold up to an oil/glycol mix very well. Goop/E6000 is great stuff. It dries up very hard and like rgranger said, it is very tough. Does anyone know how it holds up to UV?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I used the spray on stuff thats found at home depot and it didnt hold up to an oil/glycol mix very well. Goop/E6000 is great stuff. It dries up very hard and like rgranger said, it is very tough. Does anyone know how it holds up to UV?
I'm almost certain that Goop and Shoe-Goo are the same thing.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
We may underestimate the utility of polyurethane sealants, such as 3M 5200 (hard and expensive) and Locktite PL S30/40 (softer, cheap, bonds better to plastics, comes in black). Countless non-sealant applications.
I fixed these hiking shoes 5 years ago--still good.

I glued a sunbrella patch on these deck shoes 3 years ago.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I'm almost certain that Goop and Shoe-Goo are the same thing.
I also believe it's the same. Goop and E6000 are now owned by the same company. Not sure if there's really any difference between the different varieties of these products