Best way to connect tiller and outboard on H240

DJN51

Oct 26, 2009
Hunter 23.5 East Chicago In
Go to boat info at top of page,23.5 EZ Steer on my 23.5 Works great

DJN51

Oct 26, 2009
Hunter 23.5 East Chicago In
Got the rod and swivel ends at Fasenal.Bolted treaded male air fittings to swivel fittings . which go to female fitting on rudder .Made angle iron mount for rudder,and bent alum plates to go around motor leg, held on with 1/4 in threaded rod in gas line to not mar motor leg.Pop air fitting and removed easily.I,m running a 6hp 4 stroke Yamaha so it does take alittle effort.

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Update on my H240 motor connector install- I was not happy with the small range of motion on the rudder post as previously mentioned- so I have decided to not install the rod. This was not a high priority for me as I'm on a mooring ball and don't have to maneuver in tight spaces. My connector kit is posted in the gear ads if anyone is looking for one- it is the zinc-plated version from Cabelas. The 240 seems more difficult than other models for this mod.

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
Resurrecting an old thread. I bought the Panther link from Cabelas as suggested by Kermit and others for my H26 with a Honda 9.9. Has anyone figured the optimal location for attachments on a Honda 9.9 and the H26 rudder? Thanks! BrianW