If you can't do this you aren't a sailor. ;)

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I've been practicing this, in my mind. But it's much more rewarding fixing the nasty dock cleat tie offs that my newbie crew guests make.

May look impressive on video but it is an improper cleat knot.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Since we are on the topic of cleat knots, I went to remove our fenders before today's sail and noticed that all four of them were tied differently. I can't even begin to explain how they were tied other than to say all four were incorrectly tied. Admiral Cindy installed the fenders last so against my better judgement, I questioned her on how to tie a cleat knot as I know we had covered this before. She informed that they were probably wrong but she just wanted to see which way was the prettiest!!!
I stupidly suggested we could have a little remedial training on the proper tieing of a cleat knot later on the hook. The look she gave me convied so much information to me that there was no need for me to ask her what she was getting at. I knew if I wanted it to be an enjoyable evening I should probably let her "pretty" cleat knots slide this time and just go behind her and retie the important ones.

Sam

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Since we are on the topic of cleat knots, I went to remove our fenders before today's sail and noticed that all four of them were tied differently. I can't even begin to explain how they were tied other than to say all four were incorrectly tied. Admiral Cindy installed the fenders last so against my better judgement, I questioned her on how to tie a cleat knot as I know we had covered this before. She informed that they were probably wrong but she just wanted to see which way was the prettiest!!!
I stupidly suggested we could have a little remedial training on the proper tieing of a cleat knot later on the hook. The look she gave me convied so much information to me that there was no need for me to ask her what she was getting at. I knew if I wanted it to be an enjoyable evening I should probably let her "pretty" cleat knots slide this time and just go behind her and retie the important ones.

Sam
Knots = Man's work
Never EVER trust knots to women.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Let's clarify. Never trust boat knots.
Seems the women in your lives tied pretty good knots when you tied the knot.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Ok guys, do you know what D and R is? In addition up in the woods during hunting season, I doubt you will see a hot chick in a bikini unless this is what you meant:

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
In these parts when I hear D and R, I know what is says, DUCK and RUN paticurlaly in conversations with the better half. Could not resist saysing that.

@justsomeguy
I normally do not ask for a thread to be stopped but when it starts to become in a sense pistols being drawn as to fault, then it is a thread that no longer serves it's purpose. Most importantly, a young man will remember the tragic circumstances for the rest of his life which will be very difficult and the possibility of Suicide is real. He is also a victim too and we do not need to see tongue lashing coming out in this forum. Sadly I knew of a case and it reminded me of that wherein an 18 yr old did just that. I view this forum to help sailors.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Russ... You have a pretty perverse sense of humor... I like it.:yikes:
I do not want to know the rest of the story... Because is appears you did not respect the chick in the morning.:ass: