Worton to annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2011
Catalina 350 Rock hall
Planning to go sail to annapolis this weekend looking for advice (never been by boat)?

How long ??
Any worrisome spots along the way?
Mooring avaibility??
General advice

Mar 17, 2004
Hunter 356 Annapolis
It should be an easy trip to Annapolis - no real trouble spots. The city has 40 moorings in the main harbor and 20 more under the Spa Creek Bridge. They are first come, first served. Just tie up to one and pay the harbormaster. Water taxi service is available to take you ashore from your mooring - just call them on VHF "68".

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
This is a nice trip of 25 +/- miles. Only thing to be wary of is sailing under the Bay Bridge. I ususually line up far enough in advance to make sure there is no other traffic coming my way and I stay away from the center span. The winds can be flukey under the bridge so prepare for it or just drop your sail and motor on in to Annapolis Harbor. As stated by Sailor 295, there are lots of moorings or you can get a transient slip in the harbor for around $2/ft overnight. Call the Harbor Master: 410.263.7973.

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
Be sure to sit at the little park at the end of "ego alley" and watch all the pretty girls (boats) come down and do a turn and go back up to the harbor... it's a sight to behold....

sailboat show before and after... gotta love the crowd.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSRSTXN14g

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Got me Denise,
Was I the only one looking for the pretty girls?
All U Get

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
I kinda keep an eye on the navy cadets milling about on any given day too.. but I didn't say that! blush....

Jun 16, 2011
Catalina 350 Rock hall
Made it!!!! Single handed 6 hrs broad reaching boat on a mooring drinking a beer

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Could you tell an old man which mooring had the cold beer? Did you get to see any of the tall ships that were headed to Baltimore?
All U Get

Jun 16, 2011
Catalina 350 Rock hall
No tall ships on the bay but did see the blue angels the bounty is docked here is Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.