WEMA Holding Tank Gage - LED all Lights are on

Apr 20, 2022
Moody 42 CC charleston
Hello
We have a 2000 Moody 42, I have had it 2 seasons, holding tank gage is showing 3 lights on, I just had the tank flushed and pumped, so I know its not full.
Looking for troubleshooting help or suggestions.
I found a post from 2002.
Seems like cleaning/replacing the sender is the thing to do.

Anyone have any thoughts for me?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
holding tank gage is showing 3 lights on,
Unfortunately, we have no idea what the gauge or the sensor is so it's not even guess work at this point.

Assuming the sensor has a moving float within the tank, it's pretty well doomed to failure because of the tank contents :poop::poop::poop: . The only thing of reasonable cost that works in a holding tank will be a sensor and gauge which uses exterior aluminum strips to sense a change in electrical properties such as SCAD Technologies :

1714424972906.png

The same technology can also be applied to tank internal tubes but all sensors are sealed within the tube.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Seems like cleaning/replacing the sender is the thing to do.
Pull the sensor and clean it. It is likely to have some "stuff" on the float which prevents it from moving.

Having suffered the same problem we are replacing the sensor with a Gobius C. It uses radar to measure tank levels and puts it on a N2K network. We'll see if this was money well spent.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Wema tank level gauges work just fine in water and fuel, but like all tank level systems that use internal sensors they aren't great for waste because waste contains animal fats that build up on the sensors, requiring hands-on cleaning with a scrub brush and detergent in a bucket when you see that you're no longer getting accurate readings...not a pleasant job. Which is why more and more people are switching to systems that use sensors that are applied to the outside of the tank (any material except metal and they have a sensor for metal tanks that never comes in contact with the contents).. SCAD is the top rated system Scad Tank Monitors available both single ("solo") and two tank systems, allowing you to monitor two holding tanks or a holding tank and water or gray water tank on the same panel for a very reasonable price and provides infinite contents levels instead of the typical 1/4, half, 3/4 and full readings.. Available from a number of retailers that even include Amazon. SCAD's tech support is excellent too.

--Peggie

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
but like all tank level systems that use internal sensors they aren't great for waste because waste contains animal fats that build up on the sensors
Sorry to object again Peggie, but not true for Wema Waste Tank Sensors.

Here is a picture of mine that does NOT need sensors like you discribed.

IMG_0545.jpeg

My hold tank is 10 inches deep, thus the 8 inch Wema.

My Tank slopes to a low spot for it Macerator Suction Pick up.

Hope this Helps

Jim...

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
I replaced my wema sensors years ago with new wema sensors. You do need to remove and clean the holding tank sensor. If it is original cleaning may not be enough but you can buy a direct replacement.