Wednesday is Photo Day - 2023

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
I observed these bow ties on this table, holding the pieces together. The idea may be of value to your issue.
Fortunately the two cracks are very minor so I don't think I will be needing bow ties for quite a while.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
7000 ft elevation sailing in SW Colorado a couple days ago.
A curious photo. all pointed away from, but very close to, the shore with sails up, yet there appears to be no, or light, winds.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
I dont know the details (just trailer day sail my Hobie TI here during the summer) but this was at the beginning of an informal race. The sailboats were grouping up waiting for a few more boats heading out from the marina. Ended up around nine or ten sailboats racing. There was actually a nice breeze for sailing. The picture is looking south towards the Sneffels range of the San Juan mountains and its surprisingly steady winds either North or South on this lake which was the case this day. The boats are coming from the marina to the East and the winds get very gusty near the marina. We were out on a hike when the sailboats showed up.
5_29_23_4s.jpg

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Something a little different from isolated remote anchorages - Chesapeake City MD last Sunday at sunset. Located on the C&D canal the Army Corps of Engineers uses the cove for their canal maintenance boats, and there’s space for several boats to anchor. The Chesapeake Inn on the left gets very busy on weekend afternoons, but the cove still had space when we arrived. We took our dinghy in to town for a walk around, dinner, and ice cream before returning to the relatively quiet anchorage.

IMG_0730.jpeg

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Not Fizzle but Sizzle!

The bow of the boat looks about to catch fire. Neat photo composition.

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
Happy 4th of July a couple days early. I spent a few hours this morning getting Kolibri ready to sail on the 3rd & 4th. We'll sail up to Waimea Bay on Monday, spend the night and most of the day on the 4th, then sail back to Haleiwa after dark to enjoy the fireworks from the water.

IMG_6089 copy.jpg

Phil

Feb 11, 2017
Morris Annie Haleiwa, HI
A few pics from 4th of July in Waimea Bay. My boat (Morris Annie), what I think may be a Formosa ~60 footer, and a friend's fishing boat. There were ~20 boats anchored during the day. The smallest being a Hobie 16 and the largest being the Formosa (assuming that's what it is).

DJI_0054 cr.jpg

DJI_0059 cr.jpg

DJI_0061 cr.jpg