Two fender covers for 8x20 fenders

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
These are light weight stretchable black covers. I might have used them for part of a season. The length is 24" and the circumference is 25". I'm guessing that they fit 8x20 since that seems to be the only size that is close to the measurements. I think they can be shipped for about $5.
20221127_154612.jpg
20221127_154540.jpg

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Thanks Rich. I hope this doesn't mean you are getting rid of your boat!

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Thanks Rich. I hope this doesn't mean you are getting rid of your boat!
Not quite yet. At least one more sailing season. These fender covers (already packaged and in my car) were used on my previous 30-footer. They have been on my parts shelf for the last 25 years. Just trying to lighten my load.......

BTW, do not send me any postage. I still owe you big time for the ST50 depth head.

I just made three covers for my 10x26 fenders with Boat Blanket material from Sailrite. I also made a cover for my 18" dock roller. My fenders are stored now but attached are pictures of the dock roller with its cover. A draw cord cinches the cover at the bottom, and the top hole for the spindle is edged with a zig-zag double row of stitching (similar to a button-hole). The fender covers are a similar construction with a hole at the top for the line through the middle of the fender.

20221127_184626[1].jpg20221127_184645[1].jpg20221127_184709[1].jpg

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Look great. I've been planning on making some covers but never go around to it.

I've probably got one or maybe two more sailing season's myself. I'll stretch it as long as I can but there comes that time when you have to swallow the anchor.

Dan

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Still able to sail down here. It is going to be about 70 tomorrow with winds about 10mph from the perfect direction. Unfortunately I won't be able to sail tomorrow or for a week or two. Projects with Pat and the grandkids taking a lot of time between now and Christmas. Hope to get a day or two in though. After Christmas sailing can still be good here with a little bundling up.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
For those of us nearing the end of the line, might I suggest a Viking Funeral Rite. Have your body placed on your boat, dump some gasoline over all, push it off the dock on autopilot with the sails up, and have an archer shoot a flaming arrow after it. Maybe a bagpipe player on the dock. Said bagpiper may not be traditional but still a nice touch IMHO. Mind the Harbor Patrols.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
For those of us nearing the end of the line, might I suggest a Viking Funeral Rite. Have your body placed on your boat, dump some gasoline over all, push it off the dock on autopilot with the sails up, and have an archer shoot a flaming arrow after it. Maybe a bagpipe player on the dock. Said bagpiper may not be traditional but still a nice touch IMHO. Mind the Harbor Patrols.
So my friends down at the marina, who for the most part are quite younger than I, keep joking(?) about giving me a Viking Funeral. I tell them to tie me behind the helm with my arm tied to the boom so it appears I am waving, (ala Weekend At Bernie's), and shoot a flare at my gasoline soaked boat. I'm now going to request a flaming arrow. Much classier. You can, however, keep your bagpiper, thank you. :beer:

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I'm just wondering.......
How did we get from free fender covers to death by flaming arrow?
The train of thought on this board is sometimes amazing. Not a bad thing, but still amazing.....

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
I'm just wondering.......
How did we get from free fender covers to death by flaming arrow?
The train of thought on this board is sometimes amazing. Not a bad thing, but still amazing.....
I hijacked this thread because it appeared to have reached a conclusion anyway. But, back to the bagpiper...